With temperatures in New England hitting in the high 80’s and low 90’s, grilling & barbecue season is officially here. Whether you are using charcoal, propane or a griddle, there is something about cooking outside that just makes the food better! Everyone has their favorites on the grill, here are some of our favorite tips and tricks!
- Make sure you have the right tools! Grill accessories, such as a grilling basket, rotisserie kit, grilling mat or grill press can not only greatly expand what you can cook on your grill, but also make cooking some items easier, or keep them from sticking to the grill.
- Cook at the correct temperature. When grilling meat and veggies, it is ideal to have heat zones - one that is high heat for searing, and another for medium to low heat. Pork and beef ideally cook better on high heat and turned only a couple of times, while chicken does well on a lower heat and turned multiple times.
- Cook your vegetables in tin foil! Whether you are cooking zucchini, asparagus, corn, or whatever your favorite veggie is, wrapping them in tin foil lets you season to your hearts desire, keeps any small pieces from falling through the rack, and makes clean up a cinch!
- Invest in a meat thermometer! Even if you’ve been grilling for years, a meat thermometer is an important tool when grilling. It will not only help you keep from over cooking your meats, but it will also ensure they are cooked to the correct (and safe) temperature.
- Grill something new! Many times, we get stuck in a rut and grill the same thing, steak, chicken, veggies, etc, but there are so many other fun things to grill! You can grill cabbage steaks, pineapple, peaches, even pizza!
We hope you enjoy our tips & tricks, and cook up something delicious on your grill this summer! Looking for a home with a great patio to grill on? Find an agent today: Click Here.